Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby girl is sick



Last night was day 3 of fevers over 103 degrees. Even on a strict regiment of tylenol/motrin every three hours, cool pedialyte via her tube, and cool cloths on her skin we were unable to get her temperature below 101. We called the on call doctor yesterday and he instructed us to go to Urgent Care at CMH South. We of course loaded her up and went. The doctor that saw us there said that she believed she had a kidney infection and possible sepsis. She wanted to run several blood tests and cultures as well as cath her to get urine for more tests. The tests came back showing she was fighting a big infection but not yet fighting sepsis. She gave her a shot of rocephin which is a big time antibiotic that lasts 24 hours. (yesterday she took her daily bactrim, her newly prescribed omnicef, and then rocephin...which makes 3 antibiotics) If Delaney is not better with no fever by tonight we have to bring her back in for more blood work and another rocephin shot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prayed for Delaney last night. I hope she responds to the meds and starts feeling much better soon. Your little sweetie pie has been through so much in her short life. I gotta think that God has big plans for this tough cookie of yours. If you need anything just ask.

K J and the kids said...

oh no. and yet she lays there in front of the camera showing nothing but strength.
I hope she is able to quickly fight of this infection ! Praying for you all.

mgbalpha@yahoo.com said...

I am still trying to figure out how to leave comments, etc..

I too am praying for Delaney. She (As well as all of you) have been through so much.

Please update me as soon as you can. I will keep al of you in my prayers.

DAD

Anonymous said...

How is Delaney feeling? Is she all better? I hope so. : )