Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Homeschooling


Okay...here we go! We have all decided to take the plunge and homeschool the girls. We are committing to 1 year and then re-evaluating each year. We are getting the curriculum ready for hte subjects that we feel need structured books and we are getting the materials ready for the subject we feel they can learn outside of an extremely structured "school" type book. Jess and I are really excited to start this adventure and we are also scared and nervous about the task in front of us. Now all we need to do is write a letter to the school district, contact the school, apply for a homeschooling charter or whatever its called, buy materials/books, have a lesson planning meeting to establish the first month (one will be done every month), calm the kids down a bit because they are WAY excited about this, breathe, start. LOL! Oh and we need a name for our school.

I'm leaving you with some cute pictures take this week...












2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Good luck !
I wish I could do this. I'm just not smart enough. And maybe I am and could handle it for a while...your girls are getting older though...so that would scare me.
Do I even KNOW the rules to fractions any more.

You can do so many great things with home schooling that you can't do with public. The places you can go the things you can learn.
Honestly...I'm very excited for you.
I hope it all works out.

Polly B. said...

Have you come up with a name yet? Here are my unsolicited suggestions:

Little Women Schoolhouse
Busy Bees Learning Center
:o)