Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Charlotte Turns 13!!!

Seriously where did the time go?! She has changed so much this year. Finding her own way... finding confidence... exploring herself... becoming one of Delaney's favorite people in the entire world... it's just a lot. And through it all she's still Charlotte. She's not her friend down the street or some celebrity on tv. She's her and I love that. This year... since she's 13... I'm going to write some questions and let her answer them!

1. What was your favorite part of the year?

Charlotte: A lot of great stuff happened this past year but I think my favorite part was anytime I got to be with my family. They may be strange but so am I and I love them with everything I've got.

2. What was your least favorite part of the year?

Charlotte: Ugh! That would probably be the stress. This year has had it's fair share of ups and downs and we faced many hardships.

3. What are you most excited about being 13?

Charlotte: The good responsibility is something to be excited about. (e.g. More freedom, later bedtimes, etc.)

4. What are you least excited about being 13?

Charlotte: I'm not looking forward to the bad responsibility. (e.g. harder schoolwork, higher expectations, etc.)

5. What careers are you looking at now?

Charlotte: For right now a babysitter will do just fine, but as far as an adult, I was thinking a veterinarian or an occupational therapist. I love helping living creatures!

6. What hobbies do you have right now?

Charlotte: I like to sew, read, draw, act, sing, crochet, and... be silly! I love all forms of art but one thing is for sure that I can absolutely NOT dance.

7. What is your favorite book and why?

Charlotte: My favorite book series is the Maximum Ride series because it's REALLY cool. I kind of have an obsession. It is about human-avian hybrids. They are all kids with wings. It has action, humor, and even romance. It's like you can picture them while you read! My favorite classic is To Kill a Mockingbird. I love the characters and how beautifully it is written. I just recently finished it. I especially love the parts with Boo Radley.

8. What is your favorite song and why?

Charlotte: My favorite song is Single Ladies by Beyonce. I like the tune and the spunk and the dancing in the music video is SO cool.

9. What is your favorite memory while you were 12?

Charlotte: My favorite memory from when I was 12 was when I went to Chicago for my birthday last year. Uncle Dylan and Aunt Jennie are really fun to be with and I will always remember how the whole audience at the Blue Man Group concert sang me Happy Birthday!

10. What is your favorite food these days?

Charlotte: My favorite food is CHOCOLATE! I even married the precious jewel of the world. Chocolate is the food of the gods after all.

11. What is the biggest thing you learned while you were 12?

Charlotte: I learned a little bit more of myself. I'm slowly learning who I am as a person and I feel that I am 3 steps closer to being all the way, completely myself. It takes small steps.

12. What's your favorite school subject and why?

Charlotte: My favorite subject is science because I understand it easily and it can be really fun! I especially love genetics! I would spend half an hour doing Punnet Squares if I had the time and the resources. I even built a
DNA strand out of one of my Christmas presents!

13. What are two goals you have for your 13th year?

Charlotte: My first goal is to find out even more of who I am. My second goal is to be kinder to Julia. I can be a little rude sometimes. It's not her fault I'm always cranky!

I will post a picture later...today she has a BIG day. She is going to her well child visit. Then she's leaving with Jess. They are going to Fork and Screen to see Date Night (a pg-13 movie). Afterwards they are going to a real salon to get her hair cut. Then we are all meeting up with the grandparents at Red Robin for a birthday dinner celebration!

3 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

What a great idea. She (and you) will love reading that when she's older. She sounds like a pretty self-confident 13-year-old. :) Happy birthday, Charlotte.

K J and the kids said...

Happy Birthday !
13 going on 31. I love this idea. Something to keep and cherish forever.
She certainly has it together for being so young.

Lisa Gallup said...

Have a wonderful day, Charlotte!! Can't believe you're a TEENAGER!!