Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Prayers and Miracles

The waters around us are turbulent. We know a lot of people struggling right now. I am writing this blog as a plee for prayer/positive thoughts/miracles.

First, Nathan is the son of a woman I would most definately call a friend. We met through the blogging world and have bonded through our stories. We actually do talk off blog nowadays. We had plans to meet up but Delaney started getting sick and our trip out west got cancelled. Anyway Karen is such an awesome mom. She totally trusted her mommy gut and took Nathan to the ER thinking he would maybe need a couple of days of IV antibiotics...well after surgery, PICU room, and intubation things have kind of spiraled. Although we have never met we love this family and ask for you to send your prayers and positive thoughts to them as Nathan heals and Karen watches over him. We love you!

Second, baby Violet. We met baby Violet while we were inpatient last week. She is the cutest little doll. Her mom is totally sweet and upbeat and caring. She and I walked the halls and talked. We stood in the middle of the hallway blocking toddler car traffic talking about our kiddos. Yesterday she and her husband took Violet home for good. Treatment is not working for her cancer so they took Violet home to live life to the fullest. I am asking for prayers. For a miracle. I am asking for peace for this little family.

Third, Audrey. Audrey is the most amazing 7 year old I've EVER met. She has the light of a very powerful peace worker. She is thoughtful and caring. She is hilarious. She is compassionate. She loves babies and glow sticks and crafts. She loves spongebob and playtime. She loves salad but not vegetables. She loves mac and cheese and lasagna but not pasta. :) Gotta love the thought processes of a 7 year old. She is battling a mighty big beast. AML Leukemia. She is a fighter though. She's currently in remission. However this round of chemo has really taken a toll on her. She's struggling to maintain her weight, eat, have energy. Please pray that her fight continues. That this cancer gets the hell out and stays out. Pray for her beautiful family. We love you guys!

Today I let go of everything. I let go of the tears that I had been holding in. I let go of the fears I have about Delaney. I let go of discipline and chores and schedule. I took our girls out to the playground. I watched as Julia and Charlotte instinctively surrounded Delaney as they walked the 50 yards to the playground. I watched as Charlotte picked her sister up because she had become too tired to go up the playground stairs. I listened to the laughter and giggles. I took pictures. I watched intently over our gaggle of girls. When we came home we cleaned out the little tykes car so Delaney could sit down since she was too tired to continue playing but wasn't ready to go inside. I played soccer with Julia. I played tether ball with Charlotte and then with Julia. I watched the girls play soccer together and many many rounds of tether ball. I watched all three girls enjoy popsicles outside. I listened to stories and I stopped to enjoy them.

Time is limited for ALL of us. Time with our spouse, time with our friends, time with our kids. I am figuring out a better way to spend my time. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments: