Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Okay Seriously!

I am a hyper vigilant parent. I make sure our kids are behaving, not jumping on furniture, being as safe as possible. Now don't get me wrong when the 6 year old gets a cut on the playground I tell her to suck it up...but I caught her yesterday climbing on a high part of the jungle gym and she almost fell...I about panicked. I told her that wasn't safe and she needed to climb on things that weren't that high off the ground. If she had fallen the worst that would have happened would have been a broken arm but I really really don't want her to break her arm. So I guess I'm somewhere in between over protective and laid back.
Well today I ran across an ad for Thudguard's. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of them, but they go on your babies head like a helmet to keep them from bumping their heads as they learn how to walk. Now I will be one of those parents that hovers over my toddling child but I will not be putting a helmet on their heads for the occasion. What are your thoughts?
If you need the link it's http://www.babysfirstheadgear.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I think that the helmets are a little much. Interestingly enough, I think that I am very much like you when it comes to my feelings about my kid hurting themselves. I think that if Harris were to skin his knee on the playground, I would give him a hug and a kiss, make sure there were no large shards of anything sticking out, and then pat him on the butt and tell him to go back and play. I would certainly not put a helmet on the kid though...
Bumping their heads is something that helps them learn about depth perception...

By the way, you asked about Harris and hs potty- we are not as "active on the potty" as we were at about 2 and 3 months, but we are working on it :)