Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Updates.... it's been a while

The past 2 weeks have been CRAZY! Jess and I went to Ventura, CA for a week to attend her family's annual beach house vacation. We took advantage of the opportunity and got officially married on 8-18-08. It was a fantastic week. I got to spend some quality time with her extended family. I did some shopping with her grandma and cousin the first day we were in town. The next day I went shopping with her aunt, cousins, and mom. I ended up going shopping with her dad one day. Jess spent most of her time reading and hanging out at the beach house. I even body surfed twice! Jess and I just completely fell in love with the area. It's not even about the rights...honestly. It's about the "feel" of the place... we felt at peace. It was a wonderful feeling. We are now trying to find a way to move there...we aren't getting our hopes up yet, but it is a possibility.

24 hours after we got married my dad stopped breathing and ended up on a ventilator in the ICU in Little Rock, AR. I stayed in constant contact with my younger brother and my mom about the situation. We flew back to Kansas City late Friday night/Saturday morning (we landed at 3 a.m.). We left Saturday morning after picking up the kids and dogs to go to Little Rock to see my dad. He is doing better now...actually left the hospital this week. It was quite scary and a VERY stressful time to be gone from the kids for 8 days in California and then to come back and leave straight to Arkansas. We are much better now though.

The girls leave today for Chicago with Jess' parents to see a play that their Uncle Dylan's friend is in. They are excited!

Next weekend my mom and brother are coming in town. While they are here we are doing something to celebrate our wedding... nothing big.

The following weekend Jess, the girls, and I may go down to Arkansas to see some friends and spend extra time with my family. After that trip I don't think there is another trip planned for the girls or for us until November THANK GOODNESS!

I hope everyone enjoyed the slide show from Cali. I will update you all next Wednesday after my prenatal appointment. We are having our big gender sonogram, diabetes screen, and just regular meeting with the doc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you about your dad....

lovely slideshow....those pics are beautiful! xo