Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Week in review

This week has been very UP and DOWN. Tuesday I went in for a sonogram to figure out why the heck I was in so much pain over the weekend. Turns out I had an 8 mm ovarian cyst of my left side...it has twisted my ovary which was causing all the major pain. The doctor's office was AWFUL... the staff was rude and inconsiderate. My doctor wasn't in the office she was on vacation. So then wednesday was our big gender appointment. I went in for diabetes check, gender sonogram, then our 19 week prenatal appointment. First of all the secretary (evil woman) cancelled the sonogram saying that I had a sonogram the day prior. Sooo then we get called back to the room...and then the doctor cancels the diabetes screen. At this point Jess and I were making plans to switch doctors/offices.
We let our doctor know how frustrated and unhappy we are with the service we've been getting. We also let her know that although they've told us the gender of our baby...we haven't been able to have our gender appointment where they show us everything and we get the cute little photo of Peanut. (the previous day's appointment was simply to show us why I was in so much pain and see if everything was okay with my body) The doctor went and talked to the office and nursing staff we're guessing because they were all of a sudden nice to us, she also rescheduled our gender appointment for that day and did a quick blood sugar draw. So I guess we'll stay with this doctor for the moment. Although I'm not so convinced it will be a positive experience.
Turned out that my blood sugar was high and they scheduled the HUGE diabetes screen for the next day. I couldn't eat after 5:00pm Tuesday...I had to be in the office at 9 for a fasting draw, then I had to drink some awful sugar drink, then another draw at 1015, another at 1115 then a final at 1215. Once that final draw was taken I was finally able to eat. Turns out I have gestational diabetes. I have to go for an appointment at the diabetic center this week to learn all the details of what they are going to do; diet, blood sugar testing, insulin, etc.
Friday my mom and brother came in town. The kids were super super excited. I was pretty excited to see my mom. The weekend was great hanging out with family. Julia was super duper excited about hanging out with Uncle Michael.
Anyway we'll keep everyone updated. Hopefully more picture will come soon. I'm officially in maternity clothes all the time now so I'm sure we'll get a belly shot or two on here anytime.
P.S. Jess and I are going into Arkansas this weekend to see some friends that I haven't seen in too too long. Looking forward to seeing you Susan! And yesterday Jess' paternal grand father died. The funeral should be sometime in the next couple of days.

No comments: