Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Diabetic Diet

Someone asked me what my new diet is like so I thought I'd let them know.

Breakfast: 30g of carbs w/ protein (ex three slices of turkey bacon, two eggs)

AM Snack: 30g of carbs w/protein (ex sugar free pudding pack, nuts, 12 pretzel sticks)

Lunch: 45g of carbs w/protein (sandwich, 15 carbs worth of chips, pickles, cheese)

PM Snack: 30g of carbs w/protein (yogurt, nut clusters)

Dinner: 45g of carbs w/protein and veggies (tuna patties, green beans, asparagus, garlic bread slice)

Bedtime Snack: 30g of carbs w/protein (1 cup chocolate ice cream w/crushed nuts)

I try to eat as much dairy and veggies as I can...some other snacks I have are homemade ranch with veggies, apple sauce, orange juice, celery and peanut butter, cheese

I also take 3 Flinstone vitamins each day and one Viactiv chew. I drink lots and lots of water...and try to have only 1 or 2 glasses of diet pop a day. Some days I'm better than others. I've learned that some foods are worth using my carbs for and some foods just aren't worth it. You'd be surprised at how many carbs are in even healthy cereals...it's pretty crazy what it does to blood sugar levels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this...i was always curious what the diet would look like - NOT BAD!!! good for you for sticking with it. i may steal some of those examples (ie. bedtime snack = ice cream!)!

Anonymous said...

haha! I agree with Tiff on that one. I am really craving chocolate ice cream now! Thanks so much for sharing! It doesn't seem nearly as bad as I was anticipating. I hope its workin' out for you!