Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Nesting...

Today I realized how much I've been nesting. I am crazy serious about getting our house clean and keeping it clean. I want the books on the bookshelves clean. I get anxiety seeing a single piece of litter on the floor. The kids and Jess are doing well at responding to my need for cleanliness. Charlotte is really staying on top of the dishes and even volunteered to tear up tack boards in our bathroom because she knew that I wouldn't be able to get on the floor and do it myself. The kids and I sorted out and cleaned every single ounce of baby clothes, blankets, socks, beanies, and towels. We did five loads of baby clothes today. I sure as heck hope that in our 3 baby showers people only buy us things that are 3-6 months and bigger. Between Jess and I we have acquired WAY too many newborn and 0-3 month old clothes. I organized the nursery today as much as I could without all the furniture in there. We were vacuuming the entire house once a week, but now I'm having each of the kids vacuum once a week (Julia on Wednesdays and Charlotte on Sundays). And in between those times I've actually vacuumed certain rooms. I feel like I might be going crazy. I had a root canal yesterday and have felt pretty horrible. Last night I went crazy picking up the house and I did WAY WAY too much in cleaning, over cleaning, and organizing today. I'm paying for it all now...and have all day but I just can't seem to stop cleaning and organizing. Thought I would share this with everyone so that those people I see in my life won't think I've lost my marbles when I apologize for having a messy home even when they may think it's not messy at all.

No comments: