Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let Go, Let God

I first heard that statement from my mom when I was going through some really bad times in college. I feel like it's become my motto through the years. I teach our children what it means to live that statement. I've told Jess to Let Go, Let God. Well now that I'm facing some pretty scary things I feel like it has once again come to the forefront of my thinking.
We went in for a sonogram on Tuesday morning to check my placenta and Peanut. Well Peanut was in there sucking her thumb with her other arm wrapped around above her little noggin. She was just kicked back and relaxed. She is weight in at about 1 pound 1 oz. Her head and legs are measuring right on track. Every other measurement is about 1 week behind...they said she looks tall and skinny. LOL. My placenta is less than 1 centimeter away from my cervix. I guess this makes it "marginal placenta previa" or low lying placenta. There is still hope that in 3 weeks my placenta will move completely out of the way, but even the doctor is really cautious about that. It's moved less than 1/2 a cm in the past 6 weeks and we need it to move at LEAST 2 cm in the next 3 weeks. Jess is absolutely terrified...her job as a NICU nurse just became extremely personal so she is dealing with a lot of those issues and fears. I am pretty relaxed. I have Let Go and Let God. I know that I am doing a darn good job of protecting Peanut. She's doing GREAT and seems completely unaffected by everything going on with me. If she is to be born early I know she will be okay...but I am going to do my best to keep her in there cookin for a few more months. We will get through this...she will get through this...I have faith.

No comments: