Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Any ideas?

Okay so as many of you may know I've been in the hospital twice in the past 4.5 weeks for bleeding and preterm labor. Every single time I've been hooked up to the big ole machine that tells you the baby's heart beat and contractions...I have little bleeps about every 7-15 minutes...they last about 15 seconds and it just feels like someone is pushing on my uterus. Well since this last little hospital visit I've been having these huge, painful, take my breath away uterine contraction type things. Since I've never had a baby before I'm not sure what the heck these things are. Jess didn't ever really have these types of things either. I'm not sure if they are contractions or round ligament pain or her moving or whatever. They have been occuring between 6:00-6:30 p.m.. They happen 3-9 times by 8:00p.m. and then they go away. This happens almost every single night. Anyone have any ideas? Do you think this is of concern? My doctor gave me vistaril and ambien to help me sleep during these episodes. She doesn't seem concerned at all. At what point do I call the doctor on call or do I just ignore them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy
This all sounds so very familiar to me (minus the bleeding).
I started having regular contractions at 33 weeks, that only intensified over the following weeks. We were at the hospital a number of times for monitoring, and constantly at the doctor's office. I was ordered not to work, to focus on resting and warned that preterm labour was likely. From 38 weeks, I frequently had nights of 20 min apart contractions that eventually just stopped. They were painful, but not productive, and didn't intensify or get closer together as time went on.
My son was born two weeks ago - at 42 weeks. To the incredulity of all involved, he had to be induced.
Nobody was really very concerned about all this happening as every time we were monitored, the baby was fine. Nobody could explain why it was happening either, or do anything much to help the incredible and unrelenting discomfort and subsequent stress and disruption to life.
So my advice would be to just hang in there. Don't hesitate to talk to the doctor or go to the hospital if you're concerned, but all this doesn't necessarily mean that the arrival of the babe is imminent! But then it could... Don't you just love all the uncertainty? Good luck, I feel for you, and hope that it all doesn't drag on as long as it did for me!