Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Dr. Phil

Okay so I pretty much dislike Dr. Phil...however today I was flipping through the channels and Dr Phil's topic of the day was differing opinions on the passing of Prop 8. Jess and I are one of those 18,000 couples that married in California between May and November of this year. Jess is all hot and fired up about the passing of Prop 8. She was literally furious the day we found out. I take a more laid back view on the subject...UNTIL...people started throwing around God and religion and telling me, my wife, our kids, and our families that somehow GOD doesn't approve of us...how GOD doesn't want us to be "married"...how GOD said we are unnatural...how GOD backs their fight that we are second class citizens. I respect that people have different opinions. I respect that we live in a democratic society, therefore allowing different people with different opinions to vote on matters concerning the nation. I do not respect when people mix church and state. My ability as a parent has nothing to do with being gay. My ability as a wife has nothing to do with being gay. My relationship with GOD has nothing to do with being gay. My role as a daughter and sister has nothing to do with being gay.

THE MAN WITHOUT SIN THROW THE FIRST STONE!

No comments: