Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Healthy eating...positive parenting...cloth diapering...baby wearing

OKay so I like to feed our family healthier meals. I'm not into tofu and neither is my family. We can live with or without meat. I am really struggling with EASY, CHEAP, QUICK healthy meals. Right now we eat grilled chicken and veggies, homemade turkey meatballs, tuna/salmon patties, bean soup, deluxe turkey burgers(without the bun and condiments), etc. We have growing girls and need hearty meals that everyone will enjoy. We also add at least one veggie, one fruit, and sometimes yogurt to every meal (no veggies for breakfast LOL). If anyone out there has any recipes I would be greatly appreciative if you would leave them in a comment...


I have adopted a new way of parenting. I was just so tired of yelling, getting frustrated, getting angry, and punishing the kids. So I stopped. I still get frustrated but it doesn't come out often in my parenting anymore. I focus on rewarding good behavior and "ignoring" bad behavior/choices. Our darling daughters also write fruits of the spirit to learn appropriate behavior (Galatians 5:22 Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faith, Gentleness, and Self Control). They write the Webster definition of the word, a Bible verse that goes with that word, and then a sentence about how their behavior will show that character trait in the future. They get three fruits for each bad choice. Like fighting with each other results in something like Love, Kindness, and Self Control. Breaking something because they were frustrated or didn't follow directions results in Gentleness, Patience, Self Control. This is not a punishment but a learning opportunity. I am a happier mom and the girls are happier kids.

We are cloth diapering more of the time now that we've run out of all our free disposibles. We have yet to buy diapers. I even learned how to fold a prefold old school diaper today. :) We don't like that the G Diaper leaks pee pee when worn overnight, but we like them otherwise.

As far as baby wearing. It is going well. Once of us wears her at least once a day. She loves it. We love it. :)

1 comment:

TwoMamas said...

Hello,

I stumbled across your website and wanted to say Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

I have two daughters and with the first one (she's now 4) we did disposable 100% of the time.

Now with our 10 month old we've been using BumGenius One Size diapers and I can't say enough about them! They're easy to use and you just throw the whole thing right in the wash.

Best wishes to you and your family!
Shawna