Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things I never thought I'd actually do....

I always dreamed of being more of an "Earth Mama", however there were some things I was perfectly content not doing. While I was pregnant I said I would not exclusively breastfeed. I was a little creeped out by the whole thing. I also said I would NOT NOT NOT cosleep. Another thing I said I would not do is wear my baby. Well

Delaney has not had a bottle in over 48 hours with no plan on returning to the pumping/bottle in the near future.

I wear Delaney for AT LEAST two-three hours every single day.

We cosleep Delaney almost every night (she starts out in her pack and play at the foot of the bed and when she wakes in the night to eat she joins us in bed for the remainder of the night)

I've learned that we all have these dreams and expectations of motherhood/parenthood...sometimes we meet them...sometimes we fall short...sometimes we exceed them...and sometimes we make new ones. For us at this time in our lives...cosleeping, breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering... makes sense and feels right. Eventually I hope to add homemade babyfood making to that list. We are also being more earth friendly by reusing her cousins' clothes (thanks Avery and Vincent), her cousin's toys (thanks Vincent), and a swing and vibrating seat from a friend (thanks Elizabeth).

Now all I have to do is become an in shape, always positive, peaceful, minimalist wife and mother. :)

2 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

Maya hasnt had a bottle in almost 48 hours now whats up with that!!!!

Kathy said...

Oh Dani! Our children are meant to be friends as much as you and I...LOL