Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Flashback

A page from Charlotte's Autobiography really touched me from last night. I'm talking water works in the back of the graduation! :) I wanted to share it with you...


Flashback

If I could relive one day... What day would I choose? The day I met the best friend I never get to see? My mom's wedding reception? The Blue Man Group concert? My 11th birthday? There are so many good times I have had and heard of... Delaney's birth? I don't know if I can choose...The night I stayed at Erika's house? I have had such a sweet life so far...A summer day at the Matt Ross? I...I know! The day I met my stepmom, Kathy!

It was my Grandma Belinda's neighbor, Jeanie's, birthday. It was a nice summer night. She drove up in her white SUV and came out holding a soccer ball. My sister loved the soccer ball, and her! Then, out jumped her dog, Joey. He was so cute! I loved him. He and I became fast friends. She was so cool. She had a faux-hawk; a soccer ball brand, Fila to be exact, T-Shirt, old blue jeans; and white Adidas shoes. The ones I wear all the time now. She understood me, still does now. She was kind and was always a friend. She's more of a parent now, but now she knows I love her always. She is one of my best friends and I know she'll always be there for me. Always has, always will!

Okay so I got all emotional just typing it on here! I love that kid. I love both of my step daughters and I hope that I can be a positive influence in both their lives for many many years to come. They are just as important to me as my own birth child and I love them dearly!

**And to top it off and make it that much more special the person she put first for "Most influential" was Jess! **

5 comments:

Lora said...

That is so SWEET!!

K J and the kids said...

I have to say that brought tears to my eyes.
How lucky you both are to have each other. Beautiful speech.

101.5 from vaccinations ? ouch !
I hope she starts feeling better soon.

jessie said...

that is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

Traci said...

That is so awesome!