Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Healthy Living

So today Jess and I started our new healthier living. I prepared all of our meals and snacks yesterday for today and tomorrow. Tomorrow I plan on doing the same thing for Wednesday and Thursday. So our entire caloric intake for the day is a little over 1300 calories. We both have our own reasons for being overweight and now we each have our own reasons for wanting to take control again. Jess is doing to help honor her Aunt Sandy who led a very healthy life and died of pancreatic cancer April 6th. She wants to begin a run in her honor, and she wants to be in good enough shape to run it and many others to raise awareness and funds for pancreatic cancer research. I am obviously trying to get pregnant. I want to be the mom that plays with her kids for hours at the park, takes them hiking, goes camping, swims with them... Because of my 17 years of elite soccer my knees are in pretty bad shape (pain scale average 7-9 every single day). So I"m hoping that by losing weight I'll not only be a better pregnant person, a better mom, but I'll also be in less pain everyday. We are planning on eating better and having one "cheat day" a month on our anniversary day, the 16th. We are also planning on working out at the local community center at least four times a week. Jess is going to do her workouts upstairs in the gym area, running, biking, and weight training. I am going to do aqua aerobics(which is not as easy as i thought i'd be...those older ladies are in some darn good shape!) and running in the in water track to help me get in shape without damaging my knees further. With determination we both hope to have lost 70-80 pounds by the one year anniversary of Sandy's death...

I don't know if a typical 4 bedroom 2400 square foot home is 150K in Portland, but the Palm Harbor homes I found out start at around 150K, of course you also have to buy the land but I mean seriously. An eco friendly home for 10K more (including land) than a typical home...and sometimes 20-30K less than a brand new standard built home built with less eco friendly material. It's so interesting to find out all the information about eco friendly living and how attainable it all is...especially since it's so "cool" now.

Has anyone ever seen "For the Love of a Child". It was on Lifetime today. It's been on there for a little over a year and I've seen it a LOT. It is the most awesome story of two women that have a passion for protecting children and then they make that happen by creating several children's villages to protect children from child abuse and neglect...giving these children love, safety, therapy, and education. Protecting children is something I am so passionate about. There are so many cries that are never heard...

No comments: