Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Occupational Therapy




Today we practiced in her OPM(swallow study) chair again. She did great!

Then we played with toys and the swing. We talked about Delaney leaning in her carseat. She was not very helpful at all with that topic. We also talked about her seating positions in her stroller. She once again was not helpful with this situation. Then we talked about what might happen after the OPM. This is when I completely lost it and started crying. She explained the potential of NG tube placement after the OPM. She also explained the process to get a g tube. And then the most devastating part was that she explained they may ask me to discontinue breast feeding immediately following the test in two weeks. After talking to Jess I am not sure how I feel about that particular statement.

Just thought I would keep everyone updated on some of her stuff.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Is it because you can't tell how she's swallowing or sucking or what ? I don't get that either.
I suppose you could always pump and give her the milk...although I'm sure it's not the nutrients of the breast milk that has you worried.