Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A burst of energy...or maybe bordem

Alright so I know everyone is just dying to know what I did today...or not, but I figured I'd share anyway.
Our oldest daughter is having two of her friends spend the night tonight so her dad is dropping her off early this evening so that she can get ready for her little sleep over. Sounds innocent enough, except that I was raised in the south which means that our house needs to be spotless in order to have company over. So I spent the day doing the dishes (not my chore but my eldest child is going to pay me back another time), doing laundry, and ripping the carpet out of the girls bedroom. Yep that's right you didn't read it wrong...I ripped all of the carpet, pad, staples, and nails out of the girls room. There are some pretty nice hardwood floors underneath and Jess and I wanted to see what kind of shape they were in. Turns out they are not in bad shape at all. I cleaned the room, made their beds, waxed the floor, and rolled up all the carpet for the nice refuse people to take away on Tuesday morning. Tomorrow Jess and our little one are going to weed, get leaves out of the flower beds, and put mulch down, the oldest is going to work on a Titanic project for school due Tuesday and I am going to rip the carpet up in the girls bathroom and the front room. Sounds like fun doesn't it! :)
As far as our new healthy eating goes, I've lost 3 pounds and Jess has lost 4 pounds. We recently found some new items that are less than 120 calories a piece so they are helping us stay on our diet. I also made a really yummy soup last night. It had organic chicken stock, dried kidney beans, dried great northern beans, dried split peas, celery, brussel sprouts, carrots, and garlic in it. 190 calories for a 2 cup serving and it ended up making 8 2 cup servings...and I probably spent about 10$ on the entire recipe...and bonus I still have beans, peas, garlic, carrots, brussel sprouts, and celery left over. Jess likes it too so that's also a plus.
So I'm going to pose a question out to blogland.... When is the best/most ideal time to inseminate? We keep getting mixed information. We are planning on inseminating the day before ovulation this month which is in like 6 days. If you can help, we'd love the advice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the weight loss. It's hard work, and I'm so impressed! xo