Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, May 2, 2008

New babies...mixed emotions

So last night one of my friend's went into labor and had her first child. She arrived at the hospital at 9:45 pm and Winter Grace was born at a little after 11:00 pm. Winter is SO cute and my friend is SO happy. I got to see her this morning...yep less than 12 hours old. She has such cute little facial expressions and just wanted to sleep the entire time my friend was trying to breast feed. We talked about the birth and she asked about how my journey on getting pregnant was going. I didn't get to hold Winter because Grandma showed up at the same time I did, but my friend said I can definitely hold her on Sunday when Jess and I bring her lunch. :) What an exciting and miraculous day! I mean seriously, less than a year ago my friend was dreaming about being a mother and today she is one. I am so very happy for her and so excited to watch Winter grow up. However, it does make me a little sad. I know that feeling is really normal but I feel horrible for feeling sad. I want to be a mom so badly. I've dreamed of being pregnant and holding my babies for as long as I can remember. I know that the biggest obstacle in our pregnancy journey is getting sperm, enough sperm, inexpensive sperm, and attempting to inseminate more than one time during my fertile window. All that aside it looks like on Clomid my cycles are great, my LP is a good length, and I am definitely ovulating. I just wish it wasn't such a difficult process to get sperm. Blah...enough ranting and raving. I am truly happy that my friend is a mother now...something she's wanted for a while now too.

No comments: