Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hawaiian Ice

Growing up I remember my mom taking my brother and I to these little Hawaiian Ice Shacks in local grocery store parking lots. My brother would get this cream kind called Wedding Cake and I would always get something that would spark a conversation among my friends the following day such as Tiger's Blood, Ninja Turtle, Margarita. My mom dealt with all the running syrup and ice staining our t-shirts and shorts. She felt like it was a fun little outing that we would always remember. She was right. We did always remember. Then I moved to Kansas and these people have never even heard of a Hawaiian Ice! So since 2004 I have no I had one, until last night! We found one of those little shacks and we took Julia (Char was at a sleepover). Julia got Tiger's Blood and bragged that she was drinking real tiger's blood. I got Margarita. Jess got a cherry limeade. Oh my gosh it was sooooo good. Just like I remembered. Julia's syrup dripped down her very nice sweatshirt and all I did was wipe off the excess juice and tell her to have fun. Jess suggested we do this every Saturday night during the summer. WOOOOHOOOO I am so excited. And my peanut likes Hawaiian Ice too!

And update on my mom. I finally called her back yesterday and we had a very tearful conversation. She said that this pregnancy is brining up a lot for her because her mother died 9 years before I was ever born and she had no family support. I explained that she is all I have and it saddens me that she lives so far away and it doesn't feel like she's totally on board for this pregnancy. We just basically came to the conclusion to cut each other some slack, she's going to be more "motherly" and I'm going to let her off the hook about being so far away and unable to be here throughout the stages of pregnancy except the birth. :) She will be here for that.

On the puppy front, yesterday while sitting in the living room a little chipmunk came up to our back glass sliding doors and started scratching on them and squeaking. This little guy was trying to get my dogs attention. Once Max figured out what it was they chased each other and stared at each other through the glass. It was definitely a sight to see. Then later in the afternoon the chipmunk came back and did the same thing again. Who knew chipmunks were so social. :)

No comments: