Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just a normal Wednesday

So yesterday Julia was swimming the community center pool and ran into the wall. I have no idea how that could possibly happen, but if any kid were able to swim into a wall it would be her. She knocked her other front baby tooth out in the process. So fun times! Now she has no front teeth and she's so darn cute I want to squeeze her!

Today we got up, went and picked up the kids, took Jess' ex husband to work because his car is in the shop, came back home, got redressed into mom's house clothes :), went to deposit a check at the bank, went to Old Navy to get Sophie (a best friend's daughter) her 2 year old birthday present outfit, came back to the house so that Jess could take Charlotte to voice lesson while I hang out with Juli, when they return we are going to Pizza Shoppe for lunch, then to Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium movie, then grocery shopping, then I'll take Juli to hip hop class while Jess cooks dinner, then we'll all finally get to shower and go to sleep! Oh my goodness Wednesday's are packed full of activity.

I am not having many signs of morning sickness anymore. I really get nauseated around 7 or 8 at night. Especially if I don't take a nap during the day. Who knows what the heck that is all about. Peanut is growing...I can't wait to hear peanut's heartbeat on the dopler. I think Jess is really thinking about purchasing a dopler for us to use at home. I can't say I'm upset about that. I like constant reassurance that Peanut is doing well inside there.

Our doctor is fantastic. She's pretty young, just got out of residency last year. She seems to really be able to work with my personality. I'm slightly high strung and worried about pretty much everything and she is great at calming those nerves. There is a midwife in the office if Jess and I decide that we would rather use a midwife instead of an OB. Right now I have not quite decided which direction would be best for me.

Jess and I found a natural baby store that is on our route to visit my parents in Arkansas. They sell BumGenius and other cloth diapers there...so it'll be nice to hold one and look at it and analyze it instead of just relying on pictures online. We are hands on type people. I think we have (meaning I have convinced Jess this is a good option) decided that we are going to buy everything for the nursery and for the baby except the crib and bedding (which gmas have already requested to purchase) so that when we have our baby shower it can be a fun process for our guests. What they bring won't be dictated by a registry. We're only asking them to bring anything and everything organic, green, and eco friendly and to use their imaginations. Therefore we have everything set up and purchased before the holidays since I'll be 35 weeks pregnant the day after Christmas I want everything done by Christmas. So that my last month of pregnancy is not complicated by needing to set up the nursery or put together a swing or go to the store and get this or that for the baby. Now our only problem is trying to find a time that is okay for a baby shower. We can do it early and have it around Thanksgiving or we can do it in the middle of December because the first week is Julia's bday so no baby shower that week and the 4th week is Christmas so no go there either...or we can do it the first or second weekend in January which is fine with me too. Gosh there is so much to think about. I am a planner...to a fault sometimes but I like things planned out so that's why I'm thinking about getting all the bayb stuff and planning the time frame for the baby shower and the theme of the shower and blah blah!

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good week. I must get off here now because my 6 year old is pretending she is a kung fu fighter and i'm afraid she might try to kick a wall or the fireplace or something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you asking people to only bring organic, green & eco-friendly things to your shower!! Wow, you guys are amazing!!! You're inspiring really :)

xo