Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Parental Support

My parents have been extremely supportive in my plight as a gay woman. Other than my first girlfriend, they have liked all of them. My mom has especially been supportive and loving over the past year. However over the past two months my mother has been less than supportive of my pregnancy. Yes she's offered to buy the crib, but doesn't ever ask. She keeps telling me not to get my hopes up because I could lose the baby. I'm just not sure as to why she can't just be happy or at least supportive in a positive way. Just a little down about that right now.

Last night our kiddos has a Vacation Bible School performance. i think it might have been the cutest performance ever! They were little surfers..surfing through the scriptures. You had to be there to truly appreciate it but to see our six year old get clobbered by the kid standing behind her on the risers while he was trying to dance and then watching our 11 year old pretend she was on a surf board surfing the waves...it was just hilarious.

Today I ripped up the carpet in the master bathroom and so far i've ripped up a fourth of the carpet in the kitchen! (who the heck puts carpet in a kitchen?!) Jess asked if I could do those two rooms while i was home today with no kids. We'll see how far I get on the kitchen. It's much more difficult than the bathroom was.

3 days till my sonogram that tells me if everything is okay. I'm getting rather nervous. I just hope peanut is happy and healthy and growing in there.

1 comment:

jessie said...

Maybe your mom is more nervous for herself? Like she doesn't want to get attached to the idea of being a grandmother until she is sure that everything is going to work out. If she's been supportive of you being gay, then (to me) that seems to make the most sense. Hope the sonogram goes well!