Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Peanut noodles

Last night I decided to try making peanut noodles. I took peanut butter, soy sauce, chopped garlic and vegetable oil and put it in the food processor. It turned out yummy. The only thing I would add is a little "kick" of some hot oil or red pepper flakes. Delaney helped me cook.


Last night I also received an email. Jess and I are starting to PREPARE for our next pregnancy/child. We are doing research on midwives, birthing centers, homebirths, natural child birth techniques, etc. I contacted a midwife in the area that came highly recommended for Homebirth after Cesarean. I received an email back from that woman telling me " As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am called to love all people whom God created, to live biblically, and to raise my children according to His Word and His mandate for the sexual relationship between a man and a woman. While I can show the love of Jesus to all people and care for anyone with the moral obligation of the Good Samaritan, a same-gender couple would have need to choose another midwife for a planned homebirth."

Gotta love bigotry with the use of God. I'm pretty sure God, at least my God, doesn't much appreciate people using Him as a reason to excluded and discriminate. I'm glad she told me but its still shocking to read. I can show love to all people BUT a same gender couple would have need to go elsewhere. I will certainly pray for this woman for all the wonderful people she will miss getting to know because of her belief.

3 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

Wow! Talk about turning people off of God! Unfortunatley, I know people who would say this exact samt thing. I'm sorry, Kathy. You'll find someone else and she'll be even better! (((hugs)))

K J and the kids said...

WHAT a great little sous chef you have there. :)

Another one ???? yeah !
I too love how people hide their own ignorance behind religion and God. I hope you come up with a witty and "educational" reply.
Please do share with the class !

Dani Magestro said...

she is trying to play god instead of being a midwife..good riddance.