Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wonderful Wifey

Jess decided that today would be the day she gave me my Mother's Day gift. I was able to sleep in this morning while she got the big girls off to school. She brought me breakfast in bed (homemade french toast, orange slices, and iced tea). She then sent me off to get a face facial, a back facial, and a massage. This was the very FIRST time I'd been away from Peanut for longer than 15 minutes so I had a little anxiety about it at first. Once I got to the place and was in the process of receiving a back massage I was just fine. :) After I came home from that (woohoo me making it 2.5 hours away from Peanut without tearing up) she took me out to lunch at Jason's Deli. I had the portobello mushroom and avocado wrap. YUM-O! Then we went to the book store and got me another Jodi Picoult book Salem Falls. Now we are home. She is handling all cooking/meals, all discipline, and all housework for the day. All I have to do is relax, enjoy, and breastfeed. :) Isn't my wife the greatest?! I have a special tribute planned for her, but she doesn't get it till May 10th.

We were talking today about how busy our lives will be for a while and how many trips we have planned. In June we are going to Arkansas to visit my people and Colorado to visit with some of hers and we are celebrating Jess' bday. In July I am hopefully flying out east to visit a couple of my ladies on FF. In August we are going to Mexico for Dylan's wedding. In September we have a special trip planned but I can't say on here because it's a surprise! In October we are hopefully going to Salt Lake City, UT. We are visiting her cousins there but not sure what else we'll do. Then in November we are going back to Arkansas for Thanksgiving. December and January don't really have trips planned but we have 5 birthdays, Christmas, and New Years. We were worn out just discussing it.

Sickness update: Delaney still has her cold. I now have Delaney's cold. Jess' abdomen is still hurting her but less frequently. Charlotte and Julia are healthy as far as I know. :)

4 comments:

Lora said...

What a nice day!! That was really sweet of Jess :)

K J and the kids said...

Your wife ROCKS !!!
Hold please...I'm passing the laptop to my wife to read...I'm hoping she'll get a hint :)

If you guys make it to Salt lake....let us know. We'd love to meet up.
That's a lot of damn traveling.
You will have lots of fun though.

This Mom said...

What a great way to spend your day. Happy early mother's day to you!
Sounds like you're going to be busy this year. What part of Colorado will you be in?

Kathy said...

K we'd love to meet up. We'll get in touch closer to time. Did J get the hint?


We are going to Denver and Estes Park.