Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Response to the Midwife

"Thank you for your response. The reason I looked you up was because I was told you were the leading midwife in the area for HBAC delivery. I am sad that I will not be able to use you because of your religious beliefs. I too am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am also called to love all people and I also raise my children according to His word. I respect that we are reading the same word and getting different messages from it. I guess that is the true natural of human kind. Perspective. Thank you for your assistance in finding a healthcare provider that will work with me during my pregnancy and birth. Have a blessed day,"

This was my response to that lovely midwife that said she could not accept us as patients because of our orientation. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control Galatians 5:22. These are the qualities we teach our children and we strive to practice ourselves even in the face of discrimination. I'm not going to lie it got both Jess and I pretty hot yesterday to read the email from Midwife Anita, but we didn't respond to her email in that anger and frustration. Thank you to ALL that supported us on our blog and facebook.

2 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

Perfect response, Kathy! You showed great class and restraint. I know the first reaction is to lash out, but you handled this very well I think. :D

K J and the kids said...

NICE !!
I thought you stuck it to her. subtle but you got your point across :)