Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Seriously?!

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day! Delaney wasn't feeling well so I took her outside for some fresh air hoping that would help a little. I set up the blankets and the baby shade umbrella and put her down in the boppy. She fell asleep pretty quickly and took her entire afternoon nap outside in the fresh air.

Sleeping in the yard. Thanks Dani!

Then the girls and Jess came home. I cooked dinner. And we went to the store. At the store Jess and I decided that Delaney looked to sicky to not take her in but we didn't want to wait until today to attempt to get an appointment with the pediatrician, so I took her into the urgent care at the local Children's Hospital (the same one we were admitted to for 8 days 2 months ago). We were just scared to wait this time in case she was getting dehydrated from all the pooping and vomitting. Delaney and I were there for 5 hours (didn't get home till 1a.m.). They drew blood and ran tests just to see if she was dehydrated at all. It came back that she was fine on fluid and to just keep feeding on demand like I do anyway. And if her temp gets over 101.5, she vomits green (eww) or she doesn't have 3 wet diapers in 24 hours come back in. I still glad we took her in even though she's perfect because she had only had 2 wet diapers in 24 hours. We will see what today brings.


Thanks to dani for emailing this phone pic to me! Delaney sleeping in the ER.

Last night I made tater tot casserole with pb&j. It was a HUGE hit around here. I also made homemade bean burgers for myself for lunch and saved some for Jess and the kids to try. They all LOVED them....and have requested a full meal of bean burgers soon! (KJ & Kids you are welcome to dinner anytime! We even have 2 extra tables for your big brood. Btw, did you notice we are also K, J, & kids?)


On a really happy Delaney note...She made a REAL laugh yesterday. Not the squeek she's been using as a laugh but a real laugh.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm glad you took her into the hospital. I hope she has a better day.

K J and the kids said...

I'm so sorry she's been so sick. I hope she's on the mend.

KJ and the kids really ? That's awesome.
We're coming over. I hope you didn't make the tator tot cass WITH PB&J, but as 2 separate things ? :)