Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, January 5, 2009

1-5-09

UPDATE:

Today we had a doctor's appointment with OUR actual doctor. We did the BPP and the fluid is holding tight at "barely acceptable". Then we did the nonstress test and Peanut passed with flying colors. It turns out I lost 8lbs since Friday. My doctor's comment was "have you eaten?!". My blood pressure is acceptable but high for me. I had trace amounts of protein in my urine. The doctor is not worried about any MAJOR signs pointing towards delivering Peanut early...she is mostly concerned about all of the small signs that are pointing in that direction. She wants to head off complications before they happen. Jess and I are extremely thankful for that approach. Our doctor is scheduling an amniocentesis to check for lung maturity. If Peanut's lungs are mature we will meet our baby within 24hrs of those results...if they are not mature I will be on strict bedrest until delivery on the 22nd. We will keep everyone updated as best we can.

2 comments:

Lora said...

That's a much better appointment. I like this doctor. I'm glad she is concerned about what is going on and is taking steps to make sure everything is okay. thanks for the update!!

R said...

Hope all is well. Thinking of ya!!