Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Labels and stupidity

So today we went in for our 2nd Fetal Nonstress Test. To start the appointment off I gained 4lbs in 2 days. That makes a total of 8lbs in 8 days...considering I had only gained 8lbs my entire 35 previous weeks that's a HUGE gain VERY QUICKLY! But apparently we're supposed to ignore it.

Then we get into the office and ask the actual amniotic fluid level. It was 4.2. A safe range is between 5-25....anything below 5 is grounds for an immediate delivery. However this "on call" doctor still doesn't feel like we need to do anything, including check Peanut's lung maturity through any testing to see if she is ready to come out.

Then we tell the doctor that I've had a headache for two days, my fingers are so swollen they hurt to move them, I've gained 8 lbs in 8 days, and my last two blood pressures have been considerably higher than they have been my ENTIRE pregnancy. He said "everything looks perfect".

Then we tell him that my blood sugar dropped to 48 yesterday and exploded to 190. It has NEVER been that low nor has it ever been that high. He said "oh well that's okay".

Then we asked him why he wasn't delivering our baby because of all the signs pointing towards her being safer out than in...he said well your doctor will be back on Monday. I don't want to step on any toes.

Pardon my language! But what the fuck!!! My baby's health and safety and my body's health and safety is less important than "stepping on toes"?! They won't call my doctor at home. They won't do a damn thing. So now all I can do is sit and worry. Sit and know that our babies little safe environment is closing in on her with very very very little fluid in there surrounding her and keeping her safe. Knowing that MY body seems to be shutting down. Knowing that until MY doctor gets back in the office not a dang person is going to listen to me.

I hate this!

2 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

I am so sorry, I just left you a message on FF. Please know you are in our thoughts and I am so sorry this is so stressful. You and your baby do not deserve this kind of treatment.

Lisa Gallup said...

You need to listen to yourself and your body....you know it better than any doctor. Is there someplace else you could go TODAY for another opinion? Is there another doctor in the practice that you could demand to be seen by for a second opinion? Don't be bashful!