Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Night

So the first night sucked. I slept a total of 2 hours and it wasn't because of the baby. My pain was out of control. I was hot and sweating one minute and freezing the next, and then the nurse kept coming in every 20 minutes to push on my belly. Which, might I add, hurt like a son of a gun. Finally at 5am I got a 2 hour nap. After that I felt much better. Today is better too. I'm off my epidural and iv drugs and on to oral meds. I haven't gotten up yet but I have moved around in the bed and dangled my legs. I'm supposed to get up later today we'll see how that goes.

On a positive note, the baby is amazing! She is so beautiful and wants to nurse constantly. She knows exactly what she's doing too! I'm supposed to be here until Monday. I'll keep you updated about my progress. I'm just glad to be over the first night.

2 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

That first night is definitely a milestone. My first baby was a C-section, so I understand the pain and recovery. So glad Delaney is nursing fine!! :)

Anonymous said...

She's just beautiful and you are a tough cookie to deal with all that pain. Congrats again.