Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hey everyone!

Hey it's Kathy...I just wanted to check in and update ya'll from my point of view...on this journey thus far...it's gonna be a long read...SORRY

Well right now I am sitting in my hospital room with Peanut. Jess went home to take care of our two older daughters. She will be back later because my mom is going to be able to watch the big kids tonight. :) I'm pretty sure they are excited about having candy before bed and staying up late to watch movies in their playroom as opposed to going to bed on time in their bedroom.

Let's start with my family. My dad made the trek up to Kansas for the first time since I moved here nearly 5 years ago. I know it hasn't been an easy trip for him but he has done an amazing job. He loves his new granddaughter and is spoiling the hell out of the two older granddaughters. My brother has become an amazing man. I cannot say enough about how proud I am of my brother. He loves our girls so very much. He got his butt kicked in Wii boxing by Charlotte today...TWICE! He played babydolls with Julia. He took them to the park and played tag. He's even proudly wearing a very purple beaded bracelet Charlotte made for him with her new jewelry kit. He dotes on Peanut like she was a princess...but has not forgotten to make the other two girls feel so very important as well. My mom...what can I say about my mom?! Without her being here I wouldn't feel whole. She held my hand during my c-section so Jess could concentrate on our baby girl. She kissed my head when I passed out of exhaustion and pain. She rubbed my shoulders when I felt defeated and emotional. She has fed Jess every meal. She has told both of us how proud she is of the job we are doing. She made sure the big girls felt loved during this whole process. And last but not least she looks at our daughter like the sun rises and sets on her. She holds her whenever possible...she is staunchly protective...she is tender and caring. She is absolutely everything I need her to be in this moment.

Now let's talk about Jessica. I am so in love with this woman it is unbelieveable. She has been such an amazing partner and mother. We have found our way on this tricky road of bio mom and non bio mom. She cares for me and takes care of me in the most loving and tender way. She stares at our daughter just to watch her breathe while she sleeps. She wakes up in the middle of the night to turn down the heat and then an hour later wakes up to turn up the heat. She makes sure I am being taken care of in every single way possible. She was amazing before, during, and after my c-section. She has done everything I needed or wanted her to do without even being asked. I have fallen even more in love with her through this process!

Peanut is doing amazing. She is on a three hour feeding schedule already. She nurses well. She sleeps well. She has the cutest facial expressions. She pets my arm or my breast while I feed her. She is tender and kind. Her cry sounds like a little lamb, but she reserves her cries for very few occasions and for short periods of time. She loves being kissed, she loves her big sisters, she loves her family from Arkansas, she loves her moms, and she loves everyone that she has met so far.

As for me...I am doing much better in the pain department. I actually walked the halls 5 times today. I am completely exhausted but completely okay with it. I am struggling with the idea of having to supplement feedings with formula. I feel extremely blessed to be here today...as a birth mother. There is nothing in the world like it.

I am going to catch a quick cat nap now, but I wanted to post something about my experience so far...
Thank you ALL for your love and support. It truly means the world to me and to us!!!!

2 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

So good to hear from you and so glad everything going so well!

xoxoxoo

Anonymous said...

Hoping you get to go home today where everyone will be more comfortable!!! Thinking of all of you!

~Jess