Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No sleep for the mommies

Last night Peanut slept 6 straight hours, ate, and then slept for 3 more hours. She was a perfect little baby. We heard her grunt and coo every once in a while but mostly just sleeping baby noises. So you may be wondering why we got no sleep...

Well around 1 a.m. I woke up covered in sweat, to the point where I had to change ALL of my clothes. Then around 2 a.m. I woke up again feeling like I might throw up all over the place and stayed up for about an hour feeling nauseated and having severe left lower abdomen pain. Jess was trying to help but there was nothing she could do. At 415 I woke up covered in milk because Peanut had gone 6 hours without eating so they were overflowing. Once again...changed my clothes. We fed the baby, I pumped, and we all settled back in to sleep a little longer. For the rest of the night I tossed and turned and woke up again this morning with severe lower abdomen pain, nausea, and extreme sweating. I'm not sure what's going on with my body but I hope it clears up soon.

And for all of those ladies out there that are gearing up to give birth...we are totally thinking about you!! (Dani, Jody, etc)
For those of you that are just settling into your role as a pregnant woman... we can't wait to hear more as your progress and eventually meet your little ones. (Em, Jessie, etc)
Finally for the mommies out there we are learning so much from you. Jess and I have never had a baby together and she hasn't had a baby in the house for 7 years. There are so many more tricks of the trade now. :) We hope that all of your little ones are doing well and you are getting all the sleep you need. (Eryn, Tiff, Roe, Shelly, etc)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there.
Night sweats are common while breastfeeding - something about the hormones. I still have to change during the night frequently.

But severe lower abdominal pain and nausea so soon after giving birth are a really bad sign - you should really get yourself checked out!

I hope everything continues to go so smoothly... your girls sound so wonderful, all three of them. Isn't it a blast to watch the big kids with the baby!