Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Much Better!!

Yesterday and last night were much better. Yesterday I got up assisted a couple times and then by myself once and then yesterday evening I was even able to take a shower, with Jess's assistance of course. It was nice to get up and it really did help. After the shower Jess lotioned me up and that felt a lot better too. The pain was more like soreness yesterday and much, much more in control.

Last night I got more sleep than the night before but once again the pain was worse last night than during the day. I still managed to get up every few hours and go to the bathroom though (what choice did I have?) and that got easier and easier. Overall I think I got 3-4 hours total. Still pretty broken but it was an improvement over the night before. The longest stretch I had was between 230 and 500 and that's because I fell asleep holding her. Luckily I woke up before the nurse caught me!! Peanut thinks she needs to be held all the time so she was our biggest issue last night.

Speaking of the baby, she's still a great nurser. She wants to do it all the time!! I'm hoping this will improve once she's getting more than just colostrum. She is obviously getting something though because she's having a wet AND dirty diaper every 3 hours or so. It's still meconium but I'm guessing that my milk will come in tonight and it'll change over pretty quickly. She's been on a 3 hour feeding schedule all day yesterday and last night. We're pretty impressed with that since we weren't expecting her to do that for a few more weeks. She's just a really great baby!!

More pics and posts to come!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

I'm glad that you are starting to feel better and that you were able to get some sleep. It's funny at the hospital where I had my kids they had pictures up every where about not sleeping with the baby. I got caught with my 2nd, but with my 3rd the nurse asked my if I would like help with co sleeping in the hospital. In the newborn stage it is easy to get some sleep while holding them, since that's all they want.

Dani Magestro said...

So glad you are feeling better~! I never even thought about what happens if I fall asleep while nursing. WOOO so much to learn.

She sounds like the perfect little girl. Congrats Ladies!!!

Anna said...

Kathy, your pain will get better... the first week is hell and then you will notice a significant change and you will get better... it seems like it is never going to change though. My Rebecca likes to be held at night also and I fell asleep holding her lots in the hospital and got caught once... oops...