Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Delaney Kay!!!




Today at 2:57pm Delaney Kay was born into this wonderful world. We have three inches of snow on the ground and it is absolutely beautiful outside. My(Kathy) mom made it 5 minutes before we went into the OR and was actually able to join Jess and I for the delivery. I was wheeled back while Jess and my mom got changed into their scrubs and hats. :) I received my epidural and everything went pretty quickly after that. My mom was holding my hand and Jess was kissing my face. I didn't realize they had actually started the c-section until I asked Jess why it felt like Peanut was jumping around in my belly all of a sudden. She explained they were manipulating my stomach muscles and I asked why in the world they were doing that...she explained they had already started and it was only natural to feel that way. They pulled Delaney out and she immediately peed everywhere!
She weighs 6lbs 12oz and is 17 inches long. She has absolutely beautiful blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. Her feet were turned in a little because of her breech position, but they assure us they will straighten themselves out! :) She breastfed about 1 hour after surgery and has since fed three more times. My milk is actually already started to come in! She just had her first dirty diaper!!! (9:30pm)
Jess and I are absolutely and completely in love. My mom, dad, and brother were able to hold her within minutes of her birth. A friend of mine and her partner came by the hospital a few hours later...and last but not least our two other daughters and their father came to the hospital to meet her. Charlotte was just super duper excited and beamed at seeing her. Julia was completely in awe and whispered "You are so beautiful" to her when she held her for the first time. Bill(the girls dad) also got in on the baby holding parade and was able to snuggle her.
Everyone is finally back to their respective places...and we are left to be alone with our daughter. It's a powerful and emotional experience. I am doing great even though I haven't eaten in over 24hours. They are managing my pain really well and my fluid intake is great (through IV not even allowed water). We have had great nurses. We feel so blessed and so lucky to have had the birth experience that we did and our daughter is absolutely perfect.

10 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

amanda and I are checking in on you ladies! What a beautiful beautiful beautiful daughter. Welcome Delaney!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world little Delaney! And well done to both of you! It sounds like you're big girls are as ecstatic as you are.

Anonymous said...

That last one was a big congratulations from me!

MT said...

Congradulations girls. She is so precious! welcome to the world little Delaney

Anonymous said...

She is so amazingly beautiful! can't wait to hold her. I am so proud ouf you and Jess! so much love. xoxox

Emily said...

welcome to the world, Delaney Kay! Lots of blessings to your whole family...

Lora said...

She is beautiful!! I`m glad everything went well, safe delivery, surround with those you love! Congrats to Kathy, Jess, Charlotte and Julia!! Congrats Julia, you are a big sister now!!

Queen of Scatterville said...

Wow you two, she is so beautiful! I am glad that everything went well for you. Take your time getting back in the groove of things, c-secs can be really draining. Yah on the good nursing already!

Anonymous said...

Im so happy for you!!! Your birth story was perfect. I wish all of you all the best. Welcome Delaney your moms love you very much, your a complete gift!

Lisa Gallup said...

She is gorgeous, ladies! Well done! I wanna touch that soft little baby skin!! xoxo CONGARTULATIONS!!