Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Afternoon Update 2.17.09

Okay so crazy nurse update. Well this one is a "Care Assistant" whatever the heck that means. Let's call her Crazy R. So Crazy R has made some really inappropriate comments today. So inappropriate that I decided to speak to her nurse manager about the situation even though I really hate "tattling" on people. This woman told me our doctor almost killed a kid last week, that I should not have any more kids and should instead collect dogs, that she hates our nurse, that I shouldn't let the nursing student near our baby, and that a mother down the hall was driving her nuts. Oh and she is trying to get off work tomorrow for an interview at another hospital. What in the heck!? She is no longer allowed near us or our baby.

Onto the Delaney update. Her Papa Mike came up to spend some time with her today. He watched D while I walked downstairs to get a snack. It was the first time I'd left the unit since getting here Saturday. He stood next to her crib and stroked her hair and talked to her. It was very sweet and she LOVED it. We spoke to the doctor this morning and I completely broke down crying. I am just so frustrated and don't feel like we are moving forward at all. She ordered a thyroid screen, a viral screen, and a Rota test. Well the Rota came back negative (which it has now done three times but they still keep telling us she has Rota). The thyroid screen came back perfect. The viral screen won't be back for FIVE DAYS! She told us to continue breast milk, that we'd continue IV fluids, and then check back in later. Well later came...

She came back in to see her this afternoon and D has thrown up twice and had two blow out diapers. I told her that I was sick of this and that I was to the point where I want answers...even if the answer is that "this is not what is wrong". I want further testing done. We are going in the wrong direction....she is getting worse. They started a new IV in her arm because the one in her leg blew this morning/last night. She has developed a rash on her belly. Her belly button is poking out now because her belly is so distended. We are at a loss once again.

Oh and WE ARE SUPER EXCITED TO MEET MAYA TOMORROW!!!! It's the only thing that is keeping our spirits up at this point. :) You will be fantastic tomorrow Dani!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aurg!! What a crappy, crudy, totally horrible deal. I feel so bad for sweet Delaney and her sweet, sweet Mamas, especially Kathy who is being so good and hanging in there even if she may want to strangle someone. I hope and pray that some questions get answered fast. I've been thinking about you all so much and have praying every chance I get. XOXOXO

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you guys are having such a rough go of it.. having bad luck with nurses.. and I hate even more than that.. that you are confused and don't seem to be getting any real answers.. you are still in my thoughts and prayers.. let me know if i can do anything at all!

Kathy said...

Polly- Thanks for the prayers...we can feel them surrounding us! God will get us through this...He will give us all strength to get the answers we need. And thanks to people like you...just when we think we don't have any umphf left in us, we find that little bit of strength hiding deep within! You are invaluable to us...truly.

Margie- Oh friend...I wish in these times I didn't live so far away from friends and family in Arkansas. We just need answers...I could care less about the stupid nurses that I"ve run in to lately. We have had three absolutely amazing nurses during our stay and we've had some that truly suck... I would love for you to just continue to pray for our daughter. Pray for every mother sitting on the 3rd floor of this hospital watching their baby suffer...We all need the embrace! "There are 1 thousand 4 hundred and 40 hours in my days."