Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Code Blue...Down the hall

There is nothing scarier than hearing the words "CODE BLUE" in the middle of your sleep. Around 12:50 this evening I heard just that and immediately woke up out of a much needed sleep. I knew that it couldn't be our baby because I would be able to hear people in our room while sleeping so I wasn't terrified...just a little scared. A little baby about the size of Delaney two doors down stopped breathing. About 10 minutes later I hear the Children's Mercy helicopter team land on the roof and a few minutes later come running down the hallway next to our room. The little baby was loaded up and left the hospital to go to the bigger branch of this hospital a few miles away. It got me to thinking that although we are looking at our sick baby struggling with stomach cramping, vomiting, and diarrhea our baby is OKAY. She will make it out of this hospital. It scared me for that babies parents. It made me sad for them tonight. So here at 1:42a.m. I lift them up in prayer...asking that God protect their baby and give them strength they will need in the coming days/weeks to be there for their very sick little person. Everything is relative...Delaney is really sick don't get me wrong but it's all about perspective. So tonight I am going to snuggle our beautiful baby girl and with each tear that falls tonight thank God that she is going to be okay...and we will eventually take our baby home with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that is sooooo scary.. I'm glad it wasn't Delaney though.. love ya!