Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Morning Update 2.19.09

Last night I broke down completely. I had been listening to little Peanut cry for over two hours straight (Jess was at home with the big girls trying to give them some sort of normalcy). I cried at the nurse and the doctor. Jess was here for the nurse and doctor visits...and she even raised her voice and became forceful with them. It was really cool to see. She demanded discharge or transfer and she told them exactly why. So anyway with everything being so stressful yesterday I asked if she could stay with me at the hospital instead of staying at the house with the big girls. We called their dad and he took them to his house for the night and their grandpa Mike took them to school this morning. I am so thankful that we have people surrounding us that can help. I think the big girls are staying with Gma and Gpa Lower tonight and once again being taken to school by Gpa Mike. My mom is also heading up early tomorrow morning to spend the weekend. Who would have thought we'd still be in the hospital where all this helped was desparately needed?!

Delaney did well last night with her 1 feeding during the night. She ate before bed, only woke once in the night to eat (1:45) and then woke us up at 6:30 to eat this morning. It's a really good sign that she is interested in food again. She's been hanging out in her crib just kicking and attempting to find her thumb to insert it in her mouth. She cuddled with Jess for an hour this morning and then I read her a book and put her cute little socks on her feet.

I took a shower to prepare for the transfer. Jess has just been so amazingly supportive in the fact that I don't want to leave our sweet little baby girl. I know she feels so torn because she has to leave to check on the house or get more clothes or take care of the big girls. It kills her not to here, but I am SO THANKFUL that she allows me the ability to stay and hasn't said one word to me about asking me to leave to go home. She also prepared me that I might not be able to ride with D to the other hospital...and the nurse came in and told us that they may allow 1 parent to ride in the ambulance with her. She immediately looked at me, said "Oh good you can ride with her while I follow you guys". God bless her! She is going home this morning sometime. She's going to pack a big bag for us and get her work clothes (she works tomorrow and Saturday). Since this hospital isnt as close as the one we've been in we need to pack for more days at a time. She's also going to take a shower, take care of the dogs, and anything else she figures out to do.

Here is a couple of pictures

This is her screaming while Jess was gone


Sleeping snuggly on my lap


She found her thumb!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Kathy, I think Jess understands that the bond you have with Delaney is strong cause you carried her in your womb. Not saying hers isn't, it's just a little bit different that's all. Jess is awesome... And gosh, Kathy, I hope Delaney gets better soon. What a horrible ordeal to go through. I am thinking of you guys and praying for Delaney's speedy recovery. HUGE HUGS

Anna

Queen of Scatterville said...

I'm glad you all are getting to a better hospital, place. And I hope that they find out what is affecting your little one and help her feel better. I've been thinking about you and your whole family! Hang in there.
Jess's family friend-
Christi

Lora said...

I'm sorry that last night was so rough!! I'm glad that you have a good support group close by. We are thinking about and praying for Delaney!