Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Horrible Day

The welcome sign you never want to see...




So today seems like the worst day of my entire life. Our sweet little baby girl is sitting next to me in a hospital crib with an IV in her leg and a tube coming out of her nose. She screaming and she's in pain. She's looks so sad. Even holding her, kissing her, and hugging her doesn't help. For the first time in her entire life...I feel so terribly helpless. Our precious Delaney is laying in a hospital bed. In the past 24 hours she has had blood drawn from each side of her head, both hands, both arms, and both feet. She has had an IV started in her left foot. She has had a NG tube strung down her nose and throat and into her stomach to relieve stomach pressure. We have had to hold her down for three x-rays. She has had a catheter put in. And all the while she's been hurting from stomach cramps and sicky because of diarrhea. She has cried and screamed for about 3 hours now...when she hasn't cried for more than 1 minute at a time her entire month of life. She is waking up from a 10 minute nap so I need to get going... If you have a baby at home...squeeze them and then thank God they are healthy. If you are waiting to hold your baby...pray you never experience this. If you don't have children yet... know that this is the worst feeling a person can feel... helpless when their child needs them the most.

God is our light...our peace...our hope.

Mommy and daughter


Mommy and daughter

She's such a trooper


I can't help but feel like she looks so small and frail in this hospital bed.

4 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

You have a beautiful family and your girls are soo cute! I hope things get better soon!

Dani Magestro said...

this just broke my heart, I know she will be ok but I hate seeing feeling so bad.

Get well soon miss delaney xoxox

Kathy said...

Thanks E, SS, and Little Man we appreciate all the well wishes! You guys also have a VERY beautiful family. I love T's expressions...they are my favorite!

Dani as always thanks sister friend for all the support you provide us and our little girl. You and Tonka are priceless in my book!

Anonymous said...

give her kisses 4 me..