Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 8

So we are on day 8. I still have no internet access, but my mom is holding Delaney so I can post a quick update on the playroom computer. She had 1 vomitting episode yesterday morning but no vomit since then! She is still having diarrhea with every stool. She is more awake now and is a lot less fussy. We are finally on the mend I think. She started zantac yesterday and according to D it tastes REALLY darn bad. We don't know yet if it is helping. She had some liver function blood work drawn today and we should know the results in a few hours. Tomorrow morning we should know if there is anything baterial in her stool that may be causing this stuff. I HOPE we can go home tomorrow afternoon/Monday, but we cant really go home when we are still in isolation and she's still having diarrhea.

I miss the internet. I miss my house. I miss Julia and Charlotte. I miss Max and Joey (the dogs). I miss going outside. I miss having a well baby. As much as I miss all of those things I cannot bring myself to leave Delaney for more than a few minutes to walk down the hall or get food downstairs. I'm just not ready to leave her with someone to go home and clean up and take a nap...I have my entire life to nap and shower in my own shower (I have showered people just in the hospital shower). I have right now to be there for my daughter while she is in the hospital. I keep thinking ten years from now I won't remember a two hour nap or a walk in the nice fresh air...I will remember not leaving my daughter's side while she was in the hospital sick. I want to remember that I didn't leave her except for a few minutes. I want to remember that I did everything I could for her... I am going to take a nap today while my mom is here watching buggy but I'll take that nap in the room. Don't worry all you readers...I am taking better care of myself. I am sleeping more (or trying to), I am asking for help, and I am getting out of the room a little bit (just like now to type this update). Thanks for the support and thoughts.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Thanks again for the update... We think about you often during the day and wonderful how you all are doing. I'm glad that you have your mom with you. I'm also glad that you are taking a few moments for yourself and making sure you get some sleep. Praying that this all ends soon and that you can go home with your healthy little girl!

I'm still amazed that you have internet access at all. My local hospital has no internet access for the patients.