Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Sorry for the lack of update

I am in the hospital playroom while my mom sits with Delaney. I know that some of you count on these updates to know that everything is okay so I wanted to post a quick one.

The wireless internet is having issues so I cannot connect at this time.

We were transferred at 9:00 p.m. The ambulance ride went well. We arrived and they had no idea we were coming and had no bed available so they put us in a triage room with another infectous child and then told us that we both could not stay the night...only one of us. So I LOST IT COMPLETELY. I told them we were taking our daughter out of this hospital AMA or they were getting us a room. 20 minutes later there was a magical bed that opened on the specific floor that we needed (GI).

Before 1 a.m. we had been seen by 3 nurses and 2 doctors. This morning I have seen 7 doctors. They believe she HAD a virus (maybe Norwalk) but there is an underlying issue that came to the surface because of the virus. They are going to treat her for reflux right now (starting out small and not invasive) and then see how it goes this weekend and Monday if things aren't better we are going a different route. They are reordering labs and a belly xray for the morning.

Hopefully I will be back on the net soon. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: