Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Front Wrap Cross

Today we went to the pediatrician. She is retesting Peanut's liver function tests on Friday when she goes in for her hip ultrasound to make sure everything is going well with that. She seems to be feeling better today. I am also feeling better. I guess my temp broke in the middle of the night so that alone makes me feel better. Unless you've had a 102.5 degree temp as an adult you have NO idea how crappy you feel...regardless of nausea, vomiting, and headaches.

We went to the fabric store today to get the fabric I needed to make our Front Wrap Cross (aka homemade Moby). I made one, worked on how to wrap it correctly, and now Peanut LOVES being in it. I am able to do housework, walk around, and sit in my recliner with her. She's comfy and so am I.

We also talked to our Pediatrician today about delayed schedule for vaccinations. She does not agree with the delayed schedule because vaccines were formulated to work in "batches" therefore spreading them out makes them less effective. She was talking about how they have seen an increase in diseases that had long since disappeared because parents were choosing to decline vaccines or delay their administration. That was kind of scary. Although we have a LOT more to talk about regarding vaccines we have tentatively decided to do her scheduled batch of immunizations at her 2 month appointment and IF she has a reaction we will delay the rest of her vaccines. We are also talking about the Chicken Pox vaccine. We're not sold on it. Anyway I know that this is a HOT HOT HOT topic right now...and I want to emphasize that we are making decisions that are best for our family. Everyone has to make decisions that are best for their family.

Here are two pictures of the new wrap


Please ignore me in the picture...not a good picture at all!

3 comments:

Dani Magestro said...

i LOVE the wrap!

Im glad you all are informing yourself with the facts and weighing everything. You have to do whats right for you and your family in regards to the vaccines. xo

Queen of Scatterville said...

That looks like a great wrap! Way to go! I used a Maya wrap sling for my last two babies and they practically lived in them. As for chicken pox vaccine... we delayed it for our middle until she was 5 and our youngest who is 6 just had his first. Our first kid had it at his 12 month appointment and we didn't even realize it. He also has some autistic spectrum problems.
We tried to get them to get chicken pox naturally but they didn't. We are not however getting the second shot they are required have in Texas schools, since we homeschool.

Anonymous said...

Well done with the wrap! As we speak I have McBean in his very own wrap tied in the front wrap cross! We also went to buy fabric on Wednesday and made our own... telling you about it spurred me on.
It's so very comfortable. Now we just want to master the back carry!