Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Monday, February 23, 2009

New Day...New Challenges

A lot of people are asking if D is all better now that we are home...well the overwhelming answer is not so much. She threw up 3-4 times yesterday and every single one of her 7 diapers was extremely watery diarrhea. She is eating well which is the only reason we are not concerned about dehydration. She has not had a fever. We are making an appointment with our pediatrician for Wednesday or Thursday of this week to follow up from the hospital stay. If things haven't improved by then we will see what she thinks. Oh yeah and to answer another question that a lot of people keep asking...I am doing okay with the whole isolation thing. I left the house yesterday twice to pick up food since my mom sent me out with money. :) Thanks mom! Jess also left the house to go to the grocery store by herself. We sat down and ate three meals as a family at the table while Delaney stayed in our bedroom sleeping or swinging. We are attempting to resume life as usual. We have to miss Julia's 1st grade music program because I can't leave the house with D and Jess works. There are some things that do definitely suck about the situation but it is MUCH better than being in the hospital.

On to less depressing things...

I have found a wrap that I am going to try. Thanks Clark for the internet link. Jess and I are going to the fabric store on Wednesday to get me what I need. I will let everyone know how it turns out!

Jess signed us all up for March of Dimes walk today and got us all t-shirts. We are trying to find a onesie we like that has March of Dimes on it for Delaney so she can match all of us.

Jess also booked our trip to Mexico in August today! Woohoo!!!! Although the travel agent woman was a nightmare and totally did not understand that Delaney has two moms and NO DAD so I don't need to get something signed by the "father" so that I can travel with Delaney.

My aunt and uncle (who I haven't seen since I was a small small child or even spoken to since I was a small child) sent Delaney a very nice handmade blanket today. That was a total surprise but very nice!

Oh yeah and here are some pictures...

After 8 days of nothing but pink...I had to break out some of her blue items


Little miss prim and proper even crosses her legs to sleep


Wouldn't this inspire you to recycle!? Come on people start being smarter about waste!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Post the bath pictures!!!