Donate

You can donate to Delaney's medical expenses thru Paypal!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Going on the potty

Jess and I have talked about using Elimination Communication techniques with Delaney since before she was born. With the chaos of birth and then illness we had not really followed through with it...until today. We just decided since she kept her diaper clean for 4 hours that we'd try to put her on the potty. We went through the EC technique and she immediately started pooping and then peed and then pooped again! It was the funniest thing and she looked so proud of herself. She's not quite 6 weeks old and the kid was proud of herself for using the potty! And of course I got some pictures


Poopin on the potty! 5weeks 6days old!


So proud of herself...peein in the potty

In her little pink dress with black pants :) She didn't feel like smiling this morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most insane, crazy, awesome idea I have ever heard of! Hope it goes well! I wish I had the patience for that.

Kathy said...

I know! LOL It works so well for some of our friends that we thought..."hey why not". We aren't doing it all the time but I will attempt to start putting her on the potty before/after every feed. We'll see what comes of it long term. I know that as she gets older and more formed stool it will be easier to predict her bowel movements...right now we are trying to get her comfortable with the potty...we will eventually get her a baby potty.

R said...

That is amazing and awesome all at the same time!! I can't wait to hear how it works out for ya!! :)

Dani Magestro said...

that is so cool!

Lora said...

My neighbour did that with her girls. Her husband's grandmother was a midwife. She would come in to the homes, help the mom through child birth, stay for a week and teach about pottying training from birth. It was passed down through the family, so that she had the help and support she needed when she wanted to it with her girls. If you have any questions, ask me and I can ask her for you.

Anna said...

Wow! I have read about EC'ing before... but I can't imagine actually doing it. I am too lazy. HA!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Those are hilarious photos!! Good for you guys for starting EC so early.